Wednesday, January 17, 2007

WORDS ARE MEANINGLESS AND FORGETTABLE?

So the song by Depeche Mode goes. Hmm, I agree but that's not what I wanted to point out about words today
I just want to say that there is too bloody many of them
Too many words, saying nothing
KILIMAT FA'DI - EMPTY WORDS

We are wafflised every day - avalanched, overwhelmed, washed away by torrents of words, when the underlying message of each communication could be often explained with "cĂșpla focail".

Luis Borges once said (or I'm sure he said it more than once - he probably said it hundreds of times) that most books could be written in a few pages. Why write a novel of 300 pages when a short story could suffice?

So I have decided to focus on the message -
The short sweet message


And what's the message for today?
"All has been said (and written): the problem is no-one is listening"

Stay tuned

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home